This state and federally funded program assists parents in Riverside County with finding licensed child care near their home, work, or child’s school. The computerized, geographically based program lists over 2,800 licensed centers and family child care homes.
Online Referral System
Resource & Referral: (800) 442-4927
- Receives over 8,000 child care referral calls every year
- Receives over 40,000 requests for technical assistance
- Child care referrals are based on parent’s request of:
- Type of care
- Hours needed
- Ages of children
- Special needs
- Provides resource information to parents regarding quality child care and other community resources.
- Assists with licensing orientations throughout the county.
- Provides resource information to child care providers on providing quality programs and how to market and run a successful child care business.
- Provides pre-licensing inspections to potential child care providers prior to Community Care Licensing inspecting their homes.
- Resource & Referral conducts several community events throughout the year in support of children in Riverside County.