The Regional System of District and School Support (RSDSS) was established by the California Department of Education under the authority of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act in 1996. The system funds activities to support Title I schools and districts to improve student achievement and to close the achievement gap.
RCOE serve as lead LEA for the four inland county regions (Riverside, Inyo, Mono, San Bernardino counties).
RSDSS partially funds staff in the RCOE Instructional Services unit and partnerships with the California Comprehensive Assistance Center at WestEd, the California Department of Education, and other agencies to:
- Provide professional development for school and district to support sustained implementation of California Standards focused on differentiation to support students’ needs.
- Offer county-wide professional development and technical assistance to all schools and districts with an emphasis of integrating goals of Title I and Title III, following RSDSS statewide Foundational Service Goals.
- Support districts to improve district systemic support for Title I schools to increase student achievement.
- Promote meaningful parent and community engagement.
- Help districts implement the requirements of Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA).
RSDSS-Supported Services in Riverside County
Priority 1: Systemic Support for Effectively Implementing the California Standards
1a. Systemic Support for CA Standards Implementation
1b. Scholarships for Quality CA Standards Implementation
1c. Instructional Coaching Network for Quality CA Standards Implementation
1d. Math Content Program for Teachers (MCPT) in Partnership With University of California, Los Angeles
1e. ELA/ELD Collaborative
Priority 2: Systemic Process to Align, Monitor, and Evaluate State & Federal Plans
2a. Aligning and Implementing State and Federal District Plans
2b. Aligning School Plans to State and Federal-Aligned District Plans
2c. Data Drive Decisions: Using Data Collection and Analysis Tools to Complete District-Aligned Plans
Priority 3: Accelerating and Supporting Underserved Learners
3a. Long-Term English Learner (LTEL) Focus Group and Task Force
3b. Riverside County African American Achievement Initiative (RCAAAI)
3c. Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) Network
Additional RSDSS Services
- Customized Technical Assistance Aligned to Student Needs and LEA/Site Priorities
- Riverside County Project and English Learner Directors (PELD) Meetings
- Riverside County Assessment Network (RCAN)
- Effective Assessment Practices Training in partnership with UCLA CRESST and Stanford BEAL
- Family Engagement Network (FEN)
- California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS) Network
- Data Collaboratives