The Riverside County Office of Education is working closely with the Riverside University Health System – Public Health and has created this website to provide staff and parents with the most current information on the Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19). For RCOE specific information, please refer to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Updates and Resources page.
If you have traveled recently to Wuhan, China, or have been in close contact with a person with or suspected to have the Novel Coronavirus 2019 and are experiencing the below symptoms, please seek medical attention immediately.
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
As with any virus, you can take a number of steps to protect your health and those around you. These everyday habits can help prevent the spread of viruses.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Get a flu shot.
- Cover your cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- If someone does become sick with respiratory symptoms like fever and cough, they should stay away from work, school or other people to avoid spreading illness.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
For more information on the Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19):
- Riverside University Health System, Public Health
- California Department of Public Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- California Department of Education
If you have specific questions related to COVID19, please call 211
Resources for Schools:
- California Department of Public Health School Guidance on Novel Coronavirus or COVID-19
- California Department of Public Health Guidance- Higher Education Guidance on Novel Coronavirus or COVID-19
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Frequently Asked Questions and Answers: Coronavirus Disease-2019 (COVID-19) and Children
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Resources for K-12 Schools and Childcare Programs
- California Department of Education COVID19 Update for Schools and School Districts, March 5, 2020
- California Department of Education 2019 COVID19 Resources
- Center for Disease and Control Posters/Flyers/Handouts