Parent involvement and education is a key element in the Head Start programs that this unit directly operates.
The core mission of each program is to better prepare children to enter kindergarten, be successful in school, and build on these principles for the rest of their lives.
The following outline describes the Head Start programs and their eligibility requirements.
Ages of Children Served:
- Head Start – 3 and 4 year olds with priority to 4 year olds.
- Early Head Start – Infants through 2 years, 8 months of age.
Income Eligibility (Head Start & Early Head Start)
- 100% of enrolled children in Riverside County must meet Federal poverty income guidelines. Exceptions are sometimes made for disabled children.
Funding (Head Start & Early Head Start)
- Federal grant, submitted yearly. September – August cycle. RCOE must match with 20% In Kind
Enrollment (Head Start & Early Head Start)
- Program must be fully enrolled at all times. At least 10% of enrollment by mid-year must be children with special needs.