Free resources for at home learning from Lakeshore
Virtual School Activities
A collection of sites to live webcams, virtual tours/trips, and other miscellaneous fun educational sites
Inspired by Dr. Seuss Activities
Free access to eBook Libraries for students and families at home
- Five Little Monkeys Count to Five Song
- Greeting Song Hello Song
- Goodbye Song
- It’s Time to Clean Up
- Days of the Week
- Know Your Shapes
- Counting 1-10 Song
- Itsy Bitsy Spider
- Pete the Cat and His Magic Sunglasses
- Pete the Cat Rocking In My School Shoes
- The Very Quiet Cricket – Eric Carle
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar – Eric Carle
- The Very Busy Spider – Eric Carle
- Minimalism and Toys – the only 10 TOYS you “need”
- Everyday I Learn Through Play!
- 12 Fun Learning Activities for 2yr olds
- Mobile Milestones of Infants 0-12 months
- 16 Toddler Activities You Can Do at Home | 1-2 year olds
- How a SPRAY BOTTLE helps toddlers TALK – Tips from a Speech Therapist
- Teach Prepositions to Toddlers using an Oatmeal Container!
- Parent Tips
- Age Appropriate Activities
- Color matching Activities
- Toddler Learning Shapes
- Homemade balancing beam for toddlers
- 10 Things Every Parent Should Know About Play
- 10 cosas que los padres deberían saber sobre el juego
- 10 Tips to Prevent Aggressive Toddler Behaviors (English/Spanish)
- Dealing with Toddlers
- Learning good habits for kids – Good manners
- ABC Songs by StoryBots
- Tips for Kindergarten Readiness!
- StoryBots | Songs About Daily Routines | Wake Up, Get Dressed, Brush Your Teeth | Learning Songs
- “Emotions” – StoryBots Super Songs Episode 8
- “Colors” – StoryBots Super Songs Episode 5
- “Shapes” – StoryBots Super Songs Episode 4 | Netflix Jr
- Time: “Seven Days,” The Days of the Week by StoryBots | Netflix Jr
- Time: “Twelve Months of the Year” by StoryBots | Netflix Jr
- “Time To Go,” Songs About Behaviors by StoryBots | Netflix Jr
- “Rhombus,” Songs About Shapes by StoryBots | Netflix Jr
- Fun Learning Activities for Kids You Can Do At Home
- 25 Surefire Indoor Play Ideas from a Preschool Teacher’s Bag of Tricks
- Fun and Learning for Parents and Children: An Activities Handbook
- Breath like a Lion
- Find the Feeling Clues – (Add Language and Emotion to everyday book reading)
- Hailing Taquitos- Funny Dancing Video
- Shape Song
- All About Elephants
- Elephants for Children: Learn All About Elephants – FreeSchool
- All About Giraffes
- Giraffes for Kids: Learn about Giraffes – FreeSchool
- Entering Kindergarten
- Transition to Kindergarten Video
- A Day in the Life of a Kindergartener
- Transition to Kindergarten- A Day in the Life
- StoryPlace (Spanish)
- An interactive story-telling website designed for children between pre-school and elementary school ages. StoryPlace is an excellent location for your child to listen to, or practice reading short stories.
- Scholastice Learn at Home
- Provides 20 days’ worth of active learning journeys designed to reinforce and sustain educational opportunities for those students who are unable to attend school.
Physical Movement (YouTube music videos)
- Milkshake – Koo Koo Kanga Roo | GoNoodle
- A very popular song for children! Call and repeat about your favorite treats – milkshakes, waffles, and pizza! Keep Moving With GoNoodle.
- Pop See Ko 2.0 – Koo Koo Kanga Roo | GoNoodle
- Pop See Ko take 2 with all your GoNoodle friends – Maximo, the Kidz Bop Kids, McPufferson, Fresh Start Fitness, Mr. Catman, Joanna Hayes, Hot Dog, Coach Terry, and you!
- Get Yo Body Movin – Koo Koo Kanga Roo | GoNoodle
- Get energized with Koo Koo Kanga Roo and this funky tune!
- Tooty Ta | Hip Hop Tooty Ta | Tooty Ta Hip Hop | Tooty Ta Song | Brain Breaks | Jack Hartmann
- Tooty Ta is super popular children’s song as part of your “brain breaks” for students to get some fun physical activity, and rejuvenate their body and brain. Children everywhere love Tooty ta!
- Toddler Activity-Save the Animals
- Number Zoo Learning for Toddlers
- Learn Animals For Kids with Number Zoo | Toddler Fun Learning
- How to read to your toddler
- This YouTube video will help your toddler learn and talk, in a fun and engaging way using books.
- Play Tips for the Sensory Challenged Child | Penfield Children’s Center
- This YouTube video will help you to work with children with sensory issues that may have difficulty playing with the same toys and engaging in the same play activities as their peers. The video above offers suggestions on how to engage the sensory challenged child in playtime and ease him into new sensory experiences at his own pace.
- Baby Games for Your 4 to 6 Month Old
- Baby Play – How to Play with 6-12 Month Old Baby
- Brain Development Games
- Play Activities for Babies | Penfield Children’s Center
- Play enhances your baby’s experiences, while helping to develop senses and motor skills. It is also a FUN way to bond with your child!
- 10 Simple Sensory Activities for Babies | DIY Baby Entertainment
- As a teacher I’m always looking for ways to support my baby’s development so these 10 really simple and easy baby sensory activities are perfect.
Monthly Home Learning Activities
- Early Head Start Home Learning Activities – English
- Early Head Start Home Learning Activities – Spanish