For nearly 20 years, the Riverside County Office of Education has been a leader in new teacher support and development. Our Beginning Teacher Support and Assessment (BTSA) program has been one of the largest in the state and we have mentored over 22,000 teachers throughout the RIMS counties (Riverside, Inyo, Mono, and San Bernardino).
In response to a changing educational landscape and in response to teacher and leader feedback, we are pleased to announce that the Teacher Support Center has a new name and a fully redesigned program, The Center for Teacher Innovation (CTI).
Highlights of the new program include:
- NEW! Teaching Permit for Statutory Leave (TPSL)
- Alignment with 21st century skills
- Focus on Common Core State Standards
- Founded on the California Standards for the Teaching Profession
- The best features from 20 years of teacher support and development that was previously offered by RIMS-BTSA and the Teacher Support Center.
- Blended and fully online options available. Both models include individually personalized coaching from carefully selected, highly trained reflective coaches.
Information on the following programs can now be found on the new Center for Teacher Innovation Website.
- Accelerated Subject-Matter Acquisition Program (ASAP)
- Intern Program
- Online Induction Program for Teachers
- Professional Development
- RIMS-BTSA Program (Beginning Teacher Support and Assessment)
- Teaching Permit for Statutory Leave (TPSL)
- Verification Process for Special Settings (VPSS)