The goal of the California Standards is to better prepare students with the skills necessary for success in college and careers. The standards provide a clear and consistent definition of what students are expected to learn in each grade level and define the knowledge and skills that high school graduates need to master. The standards focus on rigorous content and application of knowledge through higher order thinking skills and real life application.
Instructional Services offers direct support to districts and schools to assist with the implementation of the California Standards.
Curriculum and Instruction Resources:
- Rigor and Relevance Framework
- Understanding by Design
- Digital Literacy Instructional Resources from Common Sense Media
- California Department of Education State Standards Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Grade Level Standards
- Professional Learning Modules
- Resource Clearinghouses
- Explaining Common Core to Californians – A Communications Toolkit