TEEN WRITING CONTEST
February 15 - Submission Deadline
February 15 - Editor Request Deadline
The Inlandia Institute is happy to announce that in Spring 2020, it will publish its third annual teen issue of its online creative writing journal, “Inlandia: A Literary Journey” in partnership with the Riverside County Office of Education. All Inland Empire teens ages 13–19 are encouraged to submit fiction, nonfiction, poetry, book reviews, and artwork.
Submissions will be judged by teens living in the Inland Empire. The submissions selected will be published in the spring issue.
Our goal is to highlight the creativity of our Inland Empire youth and to give them the opportunity to publish their work
professionally. This speaks to our greater mission of recognizing, supporting and expanding all forms of literary activity through community programs in Inland Southern California.
- December 1, 2019 – Submissions Open
- February 15, 2020 – Submissions Deadline
- February 15, 2020 – Editor Request Deadline (Teens wishing to be guest editors may submit their request on the Submittable page. *Note: Teen judges will not be permitted to judge their own submissions.)
- February 22, 2020 – Teen Editors Will Receive Notification and Instructions
- April 7, 2020 – Teen Editors Will Complete Judging
- May 1, 2020 – Teen Issue Will Be Published Online
- Spring 2020 – Teens With Submissions Included in the Issue Will Be Invited to Read Their Work
For more information about the nonprofit organization Inlandia Institute, please visit the Inlandia Institute website.
To view the previous teen issues of the journal, please see:
- Inlandia: A Literary Journey, Volume IX – Spring 2019
- Inlandia: A Literary Journey, Volume VIII – Spring 2018
To read an article in The Press-Enterprise about the first teen issue, see
For additional information, please contact
Louisa Higgins, firstname.lastname@example.org, (951) 826-6304