The Riverside County Board of Education (RCBE) and the Riverside County Office of Education (RCOE) staff view the responsibility to provide a quality education to all of the children in Riverside County as a serious undertaking. In that light, RCOE is interested in authorizing only high quality charter schools where student achievement is paramount, the potential for fiscal viability is evident, and the governance structure is effective and free of conflict.
RCOE’s Charter Schools has the following areas of responsibility:
- Meeting with charter school petitioners
- Organizing a multi-disciplinary team to review petitions submitted to the RCBE
- Drafting an analysis of petitions submitted to the RCBE
- Updating the county board policies and administrative regulations as they relate to charter schools
- Providing information to school districts and to the community regarding charter schools
- Supplying required oversight to charter schools authorized by the RCBE
- Furnishing regular feedback to the RCBE regarding the operation of charter schools authorized by the county board
Information for Charter Petitioners
Please contact the Pupil and Administrative Services unit for additional information and to obtain submission packets. The following checklist will be used for all petition reviews.