RIVERSIDE COUNTY OFFICE OF EDUCATION
Join the “All For One” Campaign
Your gift helps provide computers,
tablets, and mobile hotspot devices to
students and families in Riverside County
to ensure consistent access to remote learning.
Donate online today: All For One GoFundMe
The Riverside County Office of Education Foundation (RCOEF) is aiming to bridge the digital divide with the launch of “All For One”, a campaign centered on raising funds to provide computers, tablets, and mobile hotspot devices to students and families to ensure consistent access to remote learning.
While students and parents anxiously await the re-opening of public schools in Riverside County, educators are adapting and modifying plans for what school will look like in the “new normal”—including a likelihood that some elements of remote learning will still be necessary. However, without additional support, many students will have the virtual doors to school closed on them without regular, reliable access to a computer or internet services.
These real-life examples of the digital divide are happening now in Riverside County:
- A parent with one computer for five students walked into a district office in tears because she is having to decide which of her kids’ education should take priority over the other with only one device to share between them all.
- A single parent of a student who lives in a rural area and has no computer or Internet access for her high school-aged daughter to continue remote learning is asking for help.
- Teachers who are designing and hosting online classes for their students who do have access, can only conduct classes with reliable Internet service or engage with students who can log on to remote learning tools they have developed.
- In one district, less than 80% of the district’s geographic area is covered with traditional Internet services.
Will you commit to supporting the efforts of the RCOEF to bridge the digital divide in our region by helping us provide devices and mobile hotspot devices to students and families to ensure consistent access to remote learning?
Here are ways you can show your support:
- All For 50 – Your tax-deductible gift of $50* will pay for a portable hotspot device for a student and siblings within the same household to gain reliable access to the Internet for distance learning.
- All For 250 – Your tax-deductible gift of $250* will provide a laptop computer and a portable hotspot device for a student to participate in distance learning from home.
- All For 500 – Your tax-deductible gift of $500* will provide two laptop computers, and a portable hotspot device for three months of Internet access for all students within an entire household.
- All For 1000 – Your tax-deductible gift of $1,000* will provide two laptop computers, a portable hotspot device for Internet access for one full year for all students within an entire household.
- All For 5000 – Your tax-deductible gift of $5,000* will provide for a full classroom of laptop computers to serve students on-campus and via remote learning.
- It doesn’t matter the amount, we are “ALL for One”
* Estimated costs due to various device standards for districts, and service provider charges in different regions of the county
Help bridge the digital divide in Riverside County schools!
Your gift may be made through the All For One GoFundMe or via check payable to RCOE Foundation and mailed to:
Riverside County Office of Education Foundation
Attention: Ed Lewis, Foundation Director
P.O. Box 868
Riverside, CA 92502-0868
For questions, contact Ed Lewis, Foundation Director, at email@example.com