The Riverside County Office of Education (RCOE) Adopt-a-School Program is an initiative developed for the purpose of building long-term partnerships between schools and local community organizations. Creating strong relationships will enhance student experiences, while creating exposure to businesses.
Business-to-student relationships build community networks that can outlast the ever-changing social media trends. Our goal is to have every school in Riverside County adopted by a business, faith-based, or service organization.
There are many ways to support a school, including:
- Participating in school events to show appreciation for student achievement and staff performance.
- Volunteering on Career Day by sharing your personal career journey or business.
- Making a donation of funds or equipment.
- Read to students or allow students to read to you once a quarter.
- Inviting students to perform at company functions where appropriate.
- Allow the school to celebrate your support through their school newspapers.
- Advertising support of the school and displaying an Adopt-a-School certificate, and/or banner at the business.