The Riverside County Office of Education (RCOE) Teacher Village is an initiative developed for the purpose of recruiting and retaining high-quality teachers to Riverside County. Research-based evidence shows recruitment and retention strategies are crucial to addressing the teacher shortage.
This initiative requires partnerships with our elected officials, businesses, developers, and cities to create a master-planned education neighborhood(s). Prototypes of teacher villages are already in high cost-of-living areas and have made a positive impact in attracting and retaining high-quality teachers.
There are many ways to support creating a Teacher Village, including:
- Donate through a gift, estate planning, or corporate matches.
- Connect RCOE with potential individual or corporate donors.
- Assist with establishing non-profit, private, and public partnerships.
- Support legislation for workforce housing and other recruitment and retention strategies.
- Celebrate and share the contributions teachers make on a daily basis.