Teams will work collaboratively to deepen their understanding and develop skills, strategies, and resources needed to support students from diverse ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds in the following areas:
- A Coherent Instructional Guidance System
- Ongoing Development of the Professional Capacity of Staff
- Culturally Responsive Instruction
- Student-Centered Learning Environments
- Strong Parent-Community School Connections
During each session of the institute, a dedicated time will be provided for teams to develop a plan of action, specific to their site that addresses a self-identified equity problem of practice.