The Teacher Leader Certification Academy: Empowering and Equipping Teachers to Lead is designed to acknowledge and validate the invaluable contributions of experienced and exceptional teacher leaders in Riverside County schools while building even greater capacity for leadership with colleagues, administrators, students, and the community.
Based on ETS Teacher Leadership Standards, a teacher leader:
- Fosters a collaborative culture to support educator development and student learning.
- Accesses and uses research to improve practice and student achievement.
- Promotes professional learning for continuous improvement.
- Facilitates improvements in instruction and student learning.
- Uses assessments and data for school and district improvement.
- Improves outreach and collaboration with families and community.
- Advocates for student learning and the profession.
See our graduates’ Capstone Project ePortfolios demonstrating their accomplishments as Teacher Leaders.
Candidates accepted into the Teacher Leader Certification Academy will begin the program in fall and upon successful completion of the 2-year program requirements candidates will receive recommendation for Teacher Leaders Certification by the Leadership Institute of Riverside County. (See Program Timeline and Required Program Components for more program details.)
The following forms are required to apply for the program:
Information on grants from the California Teachers Association (CTA) is available on the CTA Web site.