RIVERSIDE – The Riverside County Office of Education Foundation (RCOEF) will hold its Annual Sponsor Recognition Event to honor sponsors and highlight the foundation’s achievements on Tuesday, November 28.
The ceremony is scheduled to start at 5 p.m. at the Riverside County Office of Education (RCOE) Conference Center, 3958 Twelfth Street, Riverside.
The foundation seeks to provide support to students and families served by RCOE who are disadvantaged in various ways. This includes raising funds for scholarships and implementing programs that complement core RCOE services.
This year, 27 local Riverside County high school students were awarded more than $75,000 in scholarship funds. The students and their intended colleges include:
- Jocelyn Alonzo, Riverside County HS, Moreno Valley College
- Jeremy Arellanes, Hemet HS, UC Riverside
- Miranda Bell, Heritage HS, UC Davis
- Matthew Collins, Hamilton HS, Northern Arizona University
- Russell Collins, Hamilton HS, Northern Arizona University
- Liden Conard-Marut, Palm Springs HS, Harvey Mudd College
- Aramis Conde, Palm Springs HS, UC San Diego
- Roshell Davison, Riverside County HS, Mt. San Jacinto College
- Jorge Delgado, La Sierra HS, Rochester Institute Tech
- Daniel Gomez, Hemet HS, Colorado Mesa University
- Victor Gonzalez, Rancho Verde HS, Cal State Northridge
- Courtney Heath, Hemet HS, Northern Arizona University
- Christopher Lam, Heritage HS, UCLA
- Jazzmin Cortez, Come Back Kids Charter, RCC
- Garo Mazmanian, Palm Springs HS, UCLA
- Charlotte Mouard, Hillcrest HS, UC Berkeley
- Hannah Noblado, Riverside County HS, RCC
- Daisy Ortiz, Shadow Hills HS, CSU Long Beach
- Cha-Robbi Robertson, Val Verde HS, Mt. San Jacinto College
- Max Saenz, Western Center Academy, University of San Diego
- Anthony Siegand, Rancho Mirage HS, UC Davis
- Chynna Swift, Chaparral HS, UCLA
- Alexa Terrazas, Cathedral City HS, UCLA
- Maria Valencia, La Quinta HS, UCLA
- Javier Valenzuela, Riverside County HS, Mt. San Jacinto College
- Janelle Vidal, Rancho Mirage HS, UCLA
- Daunte Wilson, Hemet HS, San Diego State University
Students awarded scholarships this year have majors that include mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, civil engineering, chemical engineering, applied mathematics, environmental sciences and computer science.
Southern California Edison donated $60,000 to scholarship winners through their STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) community outreach initiatives.
For more information on RCOEF, please contact Ed Lewis, Foundation Director, at (951) 826-6345 or firstname.lastname@example.org.