RIVERSIDE – The following schools in Riverside County will be closed on Friday, December 8, 2017, due to the wind event and Liberty Fire in the Murrieta area:
UPDATE: As of 4:00 p.m. on Friday, December 8, all schools in Riverside County are planned to reopen Monday, December 11.
(as of 10:00 a.m. on Friday, December 8, subject to updates)
- Murrieta Valley USD schools
- Temecula Valley USD schools
- Menifee Union SD schools
- Riverside County Office of Education Special Education, Career/Technical Education, and Alternative Education program sites located in Murrieta Valley USD, Temecula Valley USD, and Menifee Union SD
- David Long Regional Learning Center in Murrieta
- Head Start locations in Murrieta and Temecula
- Springs Charter Schools – Six sites closed including one in Murrieta; two in Temecula; two in Hemet, and 1 in Menifee
An evacuation center is open at Murrieta Mesa High School (24801 Monroe Ave, Murrieta). A reception & warming center due to power outages is available at Idyllwild School (26700 Hwy 243, Idyllwild).
The South Coast Air Quality Management District has issued a Smoke Advisory that affects the Lake Elsinore USD and Temecula Valley USD. In areas impacted by smoke, please avoid vigorous outdoor or indoor exertion. People with respiratory or heart disease, pregnant women, older adults, and children should remain indoors.