The Science and Engineering Fair is a competition of science and engineering projects designed, developed, and displayed by students in grades 4-12.
Participants share their creative abilities, knowledge, and interests with other students. Experienced judges critique the projects for qualities including scientific method, content, clarity of presentation, and originality. The Riverside County Science and Engineering Fair is affiliated with the International Science and Engineering Fair and the Broadcom MASTERS competition.
September 26, 2019
|Science and Engineering Fair Affiliate Coordinators Meeting
RCOE Conference Center, 3958 Twelfth Street, Riverside | 4:30 p.m.
September 27, 2019
|RCSEF ISEF Project Application Deadline to Submit (for application information, see below)|
September 28, 2019
|Science and Engineering Fair Expo – Online Registration for Expo
RCOE Conference Center, 3958 Twelfth Street, Riverside | 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Science and Engineering Fair Expo Flyer PDF
February 5, 2020
|Science and Engineering Fair District Registration Deadline|
March 2, 2020
|Science and Engineering Fair Project Set-up and Judging
Riverside Convention Center, 3637 Fifth Street, Riverside | 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Schedule of Events – available fall 2019
March 3, 2020
|Science and Engineering Fair Public Viewing | 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Science and Engineering Fair Awards Ceremony | 6:00 p.m.
Riverside Convention Center, 3637 Fifth Street, Riverside
Schedule of Events – available soon
*All projects must be removed by 9:00 p.m. on March 3, 2020
Monday – Tuesday,
April 20-21, 2020
|California Science and Engineering Fair (CSEF)
California Science Center, Los Angeles
Sunday – Friday,
May 10-15, 2020
|International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF)
*Dates subject to change.
Documents and Forms
- RCSEF Student Application Form (RCSEF Form 1)
- RCSEF Continuation/Research Progression Projects Form (RCSEF Form 2)
- RCSEF Professional Research Support Form (RCSEF Form 3)
- RCSEF Certification of Humane Treatment of Live Vertebrate Animals (RCSEF Form 4)
- RCSEF Certification of Compliance of Research Involving Human Subjects (RCSEF Form 5)
- RCSEF Participant Informed Consent Form (RCSEF Form 6)
- RCSEF Human and Vertebrate Animal Tissue Form (RCSEF Form 7)
- RCSEF Risk Assessment Form (RCSEF Form 8)
- RCSEF Affiliate Fair Registration Summary Sheet
- RCSEF Project Display Information Form/Label Template
RCSEF ISEF Information to Apply – Deadline to Apply: September 27, 2019
Judges’ Perspective and Oral Speaking (from Science Fair Expo presentation)
How to Do a Science Fair Project (source: JPL, California Institute of Technology)