The Director of Chronic Absenteeism Reduction assists all Riverside County School Districts in the improvement of student attendance by reducing chronic absenteeism and truancy. The Director facilitates implementation and improvement of Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) and the School Attendance Review Board (SARB) process to increase student attendance. The Director provides support, guidance, trainings, consultations, resources, and other related services to school district and school site staff to help combat chronic absenteeism, truancy, and irregular attendance.
School district level support includes the following:
- Quarterly meetings with participating school districts to assess attendance program strength and to provide suggestions, trainings, and/or examples of best practices for future growth and development.
- District SARB meeting observations on an ongoing basis for each participating school district, aiming to provide feedback and examples of successful school district level strategies.
- Membership on SARB Panels for participating school districts.
- Annual assistance to school districts applying for CDE Model SARB Designation.
School site support includes the following:
- School site visits to participating school sites to offer assessments and trainings on effective strategies for Tier 1 systems re: student engagement, parent involvement, and school climate.
- School site SART meeting observations at participating school sites to offer feedback, trainings, and examples of successful strategies employed in other school sites.
- Parent Group Attendance Presentations when requested by school sites.
- Student Group Attendance Presentations when requested by school sites.
- Training and curriculum revision and development on important topics related to attendance