RCOE is pleased to partner with the California Department of Education, Special Education Division on the Supporting Inclusive Practices (SIP) Project). SIP provides tiered technical assistance to local educational agencies (LEAs) focused on building, implementing, sustaining, monitoring, and scaling up evidence-based practices within integrated educational systems to increase inclusion of PreK – 12th grade students with disabilities in general education settings.
- California State Performance Indicators: Improve LEA’s performance on state performance indicators 3, 5, 6, and 7.
- Opportunities and Access: Increase opportunities for students with disabilities to participate in general education LRE and improvement in academic achievement
Elements of Inclusion
- Policy: Attention to policy is essential as it helps remove structural and procedural barriers to enable support for inclusion.
- Practice: Practices that are responsive to student diversity, encourage student-directed learning, are evidence-based, and developed via ongoing collaboration between staff, students and community.
- Culture: This provides the foundational values and principles that promote a collaborating, accepting and stimulating community which guides decisions about policies and practices.
- Cohesive Leadership Team: Leadership is the catalyst for driving change and is responsible for setting a clear vision, communicating clarity and inspiring people to action.
Connect with SIP